Saturday, September 15, 2007

Park It


I hate the park. It's soooo boring. Let's face it, it's not that fun if you're an adult. But I know how important it is for Coleman, especially now that Summer is coming to and end. I can't believe sometimes how much fun he has. Up the slide, down the slide, up the ladder, down the ladder, through the sprinklers and again and again and again and again. And I just watch. I can't work, I have to keep an eye on Coleman. Any conversation I have with equally bored parents, we always have one eye on each other, the other on our kids.

Chasing pigeons. That's huge fun for Coleman - chasing pigeons. He just loves to run after them and chase them and chase them until they fly out of the park.

I have to remind myself to treasure these moments. I really am fortunate that my schedule allows me to share these times. He's almost 3 and sooner than I know it, I won't be allowed within a 3 mile radius of him. So I'll keep going to the park, but damn it's boring.

No comments: