Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Forgive Me Father

For I have sinned. It has been a ridiculously long time since my last blog entry. We've been so busy living our lives, to stop and document and reflect and project was the furthest thing from my mind.
My boy exploded!! He went from this gibberish talking, scribbling baby to this drawing, writing, reading, thinking child. He wants to understand and reason and make sense and be included and informed. I know parents have been doing this since the beginning of time, but to witness it is quite amazing. And he's FUNNY. And he lies.
What a shock it is the first time your kid lies to you. It's really about preservation, not a big trying to stay out of jail kinda lie, just about saving access to the things he loves. Like free golf trips and rides on private planes and... whoops, somehow I slipped into politics.

Shocking how similar it is.

No comments: