Sunday, September 06, 2009

You told Harpo to beat me!

This discipline thing is such a beast. Time out, spanking, pinching, naughty chairs, privileges lost, talking, talking, talking. The problem is it'll be years before we know if what we chose to do worked! Maybe decades.
Today I heard a woman yell at her almost 3 year old, "if someone hits you, hit them back, I don't care who it is." Then she swatted him on his behind, I really got on my judgment horse. "How could she treat her child that way, he's only a baby?" blah, blah, blah. I had to stop myself.

She's only doing what she knows how to do. Aren't we all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would've been funny if when she spanked him, he hit her back. Then when she says, why did you do that, he says..."You told me to hit back when I'm hit!"

Could be dangerous for the kid, but funny to see.