Thursday, July 05, 2007

Gentle Giant

He's so big, what a bruiser, what a tank! I'm so tired of hearing that. Coleman is the same size, the same height and width as every other little boy his age. In fact there are definitely a couple of little boys who he plays with that are bigger. They have bigger feet, wear much bigger clothes sizes. Coleman wears size 3T very comfortably and since he turns 3 in September, he's right on schedule. The other bigger boys wear 4T and even 5T clothes and are almost exactly the same age. The other bigger kids are white.......................

2 comments:

Tayari Jones said...

I know what you mean by this. I am a black woman and I amm often told by my white friends that I need to meet this or that black guy. They always say the man is very tall, or big. I am 5'10" and they are always smaller than me!

Carissa Byers said...

Heh. We're on the other end of the spectrum. All I hear all day long is, "He's so little!" Even his 3 year old friends comment about his smallness. His 3 year old friends are black.

But my son is the product of a very small korean woman and a very small black man.... what did they expect?

Miss you guys!